By using our Websites and/or using our Services, you hereby agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. You hereby represent you are the user of our Websites and/or Services and are eighteen (18) years of age or above. Alcohol listings on our Websites or Services are intended for those who are eighteen (18) years of age or above, and can only be purchased by those who are eighteen (18) years of age or above.
StarTaster may at any time vary or amend these Terms and Conditions by posting the amended Terms and Conditions at this Site.
“We , "us", "our", and "StarTaster" are references to the Company;
“Websites” are references of StarTaster website startaster.com | 星食客 and, unless otherwise stated, any other website, WeChat Official Platform | 星食客订餐助手 ("WeChat") or mobile application ("App") owned, operated and maintained by Startaster Technology Pte Ltd;
"Agreement" is a reference to these Terms and Conditions, any order form and payment instructions provided to you;
"You", "your" and "yours" are references to you, the person accessing the Websites and ordering any Goods or Services from the Websites or from any other channel provided by Startaster;
“Goods" is a reference to any goods which we may list in our platform by Participating Merchants from our Website from time to time;
"Service" and “Services” are references to any services which we may supply and which you may request via our Websites;
"Participating Merchant" is a reference to any third party food and beverage company, which is registered in Singapore and has agreed to co-operate with Startaster to prepare and/or deliver the Goods or Services. Participating Merchant includes but not limited to restaurants, food retail shops, dessert shops, and alcohol shops;
“Seat Reservation” is a reference to online seat or table booking service from our Participating Merchant prior to your arrival;
“Pre-order” is a reference to online seat or table booking and meals pre-order service from our Participating Merchant prior to your arrival;
“Takeaway” is a reference to meals takeaway service from our Participating Merchant prior to your arrival to take away the meals;
“Delivery” is a reference to delivery services from either StarTaster or our Participating Merchants that deliver all meals to your designated location;
“Account” is a reference to a record that contains particular information of each end user.
“Customer Service” and “Support” are references to StarTaster customer service and support group where you can consult your enquiries with. The channel of customer service and support includes: Hotline +65 6303 0566, Websites Online Chat.
- Features and Services of Websites
StarTaster may offer one or more of the following features and Services on or through the Websites:
- access to a collection of information, products, services, data, text, listings, pricing, graphics, images, files and other types of works;
- search and/or filter engines or tools;
- message boards, communication tools;
- email confirmation and message alerts; and
- any other services, features, content or applications that StarTaster may offer through the Site, App or WeChat from time to time in our sole and absolute discretion.
- Websites Content Standard
Websites Content standard apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Services. You may provide, post or submit content, information or message that created by you or which the owner of the Content has given you permission to post. By submitting or posting Content to the Websites, you agree to follow the standards below:
- Your content must not contain any material which is illegal, criminal, immoral, inappropriate, hateful, obscene, defamatory, offensive, abusive, political, infringing or disre spectful in nature;
- You agree not to advocate, promote or assist any illegal act such as copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- You agree that you may not promote sexually explicit material or promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- You may not use a false email address and phone number, impersonate any person or identity, or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- StarTaster reserves the right to review, remove or edit such content.
- Features and Services of Websites
- Account Information
- User Information, Password, Account Information
You are required to create an account (“Account”) with StarTaster and specify a password (“Password”), email address and phone number used in the registration process for the Account.
You shall be responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Password and Account. Your Account is for your personal use, and you agree not to share or permit others to use your Account or Password, and transfer or assign your Account to any other person.
You shall provide StarTaster with true, accurate, complete and up-to-date Account information about yourself in the registration process and keep your information maintained and updated true, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Use of Account Information
You hereby agree the use and disclosure of all your information by StarTaster for the following purposes:
- respond to your queries and requests;
- provide Services to you;
- communicate with you;
- verify, process, and update your personal information and payments;
- send voucher, updates, promotions, information, advertising materials in relation to our Services and those of Participating Merchant.
- Member Obligations
As a registered Member, you represent and warrant that you have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions. Certain pages on StarTaster Websites may allow you to post review. You may only post review that you created or which the owner review has given you permission to post.
You shall not annoy, abuse, insult, threaten, or injure any other users. You are agreed not to harvest or collect information about users, including email addresses, without StarTaster’s permission.
Any infringing, fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity, or any breach of the Terms and Conditions or these Member Conditions, shall be grounds for termination of your use of the Site and Services and/or your Account, at CHOPE's sole and absolute discretion, and you may be reported to appropriate law-enforcement agencies.
- Termination of Account
In case of violation of this Terms and Conditions, StarTaster reserves the right to terminate your Account.
- User Information, Password, Account Information
- Seat Reservation
- You may reserve seats with StarTaster in advance by selecting your chosen Participating Merchant, time, number of customer and remark. Your Order number will be sent to you via email and message, and you may be required to present StarTaster Order number for restaurant verification upon your arrival;
- You have the right to cancel a seat reservation in certain situation (defined in Clause 7).
- Pre-order reservation
- You may reserve seats and pre-order Meals with StarTaster in advance by selecting your chosen Participating Merchant, time, Meals, number of customer and remark. Your Order number will be sent to you via email and message, and you may be required to present StarTaster Order number for restaurant verification upon your arrival.
- You have the right to cancel a pre-order reservation (defined in Clause 7).
- You may order Meals Takeaway with StarTaster in advance by selecting your chosen Participating Merchant, collection time, Meals, and remark. Your Order number will be sent to you via email and message, and you may be required to present StarTaster Order number for restaurant verification upon your arrival.
- For Takeaway Service, you are responsible to check if your order content is correct while collecting your Takeaway Order. StarTaster is not responsible for missing, wrong or low quality food provided by our Participating Merchant.
- You may order Delivery with StarTaster in advance by selecting your chosen Participating Merchant, Delivery time period, Meals, number of customer and remark. Your Order number will be sent to you via email and message, and the delivery person may verify your StarTaster Order number with you upon your Order arrival.
- If your delivery service is offered by StarTaster, we will do our best to ensure that your Meal is delivered by the time specified in StarTaster. StarTaster may offer food delivery in any form of services. We define food as perishable goods that are provided and taken full responsibility by our Participating Merchants. The delivery services are provided and taken responsibility by Startaster.
- If your delivery service is offered by the Participating Merchant or its delivery partners, it is the Participating Merchants’ sole responsibility to provide Food Delivery in a timely manner.
- Seat Reservation
- Operating Hours
Operating hours are subject to Reservation, Takeaway, and Delivery services.
- Restaurant Operating Hours
- Restaurant operating hours will vary depending on the availability of Participating Merchants. Restaurant operating hours will cover Reservation, Takeaway, and restaurant Delivery services.)
- If there are any changes of Restaurant operating hours, we will update accordingly in our Services as soon as possible.
- StarTaster Operating Hours
- StarTaster Customer Service and Support normal operating hours are from 11:00-22:30 (from Monday to Sunday).
- Operating hours of StarTaster Delivery are from 12:00 - 23:59 (from Monday to Sunday). Please note that our acceptance of daily last order is before 22:30.
- Operating hours may vary in case of any event, weather condition or public holiday. We will inform on our public platforms and Services if there are any changes.
- Restaurant Operating Hours
- Available Timing
- Available timing is subject to Reservation, Takeaway, and Delivery services.
- The earliest available timing of Reservation, Takeaway, and Delivery vary depending on Participating Merchant and StarTaster.
- For Delivery service, delivery periods quoted at the time of ordering are approximate only and may vary. Goods will be delivered to the address designated by you according to the time of ordering.
- In the case delivery service is provided by Startaster or a third party delivery partner assigned by Startaster, we will give great care to deliver in a timely manner. In the case delivery service is provided by Participating Merchant, it is Participating Merchant's responsibility to give great care to deliver in a timely manner. No responsibility is taken for late delivery by Startaster in either case, or any delivery situation by Participating Merchant in any case.
- Delivery Location
- The maximum delivery location covers island Singapore, while the minimum delivery location will vary depending on StarTaster and Participating Merchant.
- Please note that it might not be possible for Startaster/Participating Merchant to deliver to some locations, e.g. Jurong Island, Sentosa Island, etc. If this is the case, we will inform you using the contact details that you provide us when you make your order and arrange for cancellation of the order or delivery to an alternative delivery address (a different delivery charge might apply).
- Minimum Spending
You acknowledge and agree that to place order successfully, you may be required to order meals in the amount not less than minimum spending stated on the StarTaster platform.
- Operating Hours
- Order Confirmation
- When you successfully place an order through our Websites, and your order is accepted by StarTaster and Participating Merchant, an order confirmation email and SMS will be sent to you by us on behalf of the Participating Merchant. You can also view your order details and status in “My StarTaster”.
- You shall save the StarTaster Order Number sent to you through the confirmation email and message alert, and present it for verification purpose.
- StarTaster reserves the right to cancel, reject or remand your order in whole or in part, at any time and without liability or compensation, where any product is out of stock, damaged or spoilt, or unavailable for any other reason.
- If you do not receive either confirmation email or message alert after you have submitted your order, or you do not see any related order in “My StarTaster”, please contact us at +65 6303 0566 or use Websites Online Chat to report your problem.
- Contact information
- You shall provide StarTaster an accurate address to ensure that your Order can be arrived to the correct location.
- You shall provide StarTaster an accurate telephone number to ensure that StarTaster or the Participating Merchant deliver Meals to the right user, and allow us to communicate with you about your Order.
- You may not submit though the site or the Services any contact information that is inaccurate, misleading and false. StarTaster is not responsible for late or unable delivery due to providing of inaccurate, misleading and false contact information.
- Order Cancellation
- Order Cancellation Due to Customer
- You may apply for cancellation of your order through “My StarTaster”. If you are not sure whether you can cancel your order, you can contact StarTaster, preferably by phone, and quote your phone number or order number.
- For Seat Reservation cancellation, you can cancel before the order timing. For Pre-order, Takeaway and Delivery cancellation which are related to Meals preparation, it will need the Participating Merchant’s approval for final cancellation of orders.
- If the Participating Merchant hasn’t prepared the Meals and agrees to cancel your order, you will receive a full refund from StarTaster (if you have made online payment); If the Participating Merchant has already prepared the Meals and rejects to cancel your order, Participating Merchant will set the refund percentage (50%-100%); you may not be able to get full refund for your cancellation;
- If the cancellation was made in time and once Participating Merchant/StarTaster have accepted your cancellation, we will refund or re-credit your debit or credit card with the applicable amount within 7 business days, which includes the initial delivery charge (where applicable).
- Order Cancellation Due to Participating Merchant and/or StarTaster
- StarTaster or Participating Merchant may cancel your order if the Service or Meal is not available for any reason. We will notify you if this is the case and return any payment you have made;
- If the cancellation is due to Participating Merchant-or StarTaster-induced reasons, you will receive a full refund from Participating Merchant or StarTaster;
- If the cancellation was made in time and once we have agreement about the cancellation, we will refund or re-credit your debit or credit card with the full amount within 7 business days, which you paid for the Meals or the Services, as applicable;
- In the unlikely event that StarTaster delivers a wrong or missing item, you have the right to reject the delivery of the wrong item and you shall be fully refunded for the missing item if you have already made the payment. If StarTaster can only do a partial delivery (a few items might be not available), StarTaster should inform you or propose a replacement for missing items before delivery. You have the right to refuse a partial order before StarTaster delivery and get a refund.
- In the unlikely event that Participating Merchant delivers a wrong or missing item, it is the Participating Merchant’s responsibility to deal with this issue. StarTaster will not be responsible for any refund or replacement of the wrong or missing item.
- Order Cancellation Due to Customer
- Special Situation
- Special request
- Change of order timing and meals
- Change of contact information
- Change of delivery address
- Request about meals and/or seat
- Ordering process
a)You may change order timing and meals by contacting our Customer Service. The timing of your order is determined by taking into account the number of orders and the circumstances being faced by the Participating Merchant and/or StarTaster at that time. Moreover, the change has to be made at least 30 minutes before your selected period. Otherwise your request may not be accepted.
b)Change of meals is subject to the availability of Participating Merchant. StarTaster cannot guarantee that an alternative for any Meal you change is available.
You may change your contact information for particular order, and you agree that StarTaster reserves the right to change your contact information, including user information,email address, delivery address, your phone number upon the Account owner’s request.
a)You may change your delivery address by contacting our Customer Service.
b)The delivery fee may vary depending on the new delivery address. You acknowledge and agree to pay the delivery fee difference.
If you have any special request about Meals and/or seat, please contact StarTaster Customer Service or the particular Participating Merchant immediately.
If you have any enquiries during ordering process, failure and other matter related to ordering, kindly contact StarTaster Customer Service.
- Missing dish
If we can only do a partial delivery (more than 3 items are not available), we should inform you or propose a replacement for missing items. You have the right to refuse a partial order before delivery and get a refund.
- Wrong dish
In the unlikely event that we deliver a wrong Meal, you have the right to reject the delivery of the wrong item and you shall be fully refunded for the missing item if you have already made the payment.
- Wrong order
- You agree that if your order is delivered by our Participating Merchant, StarTaster will not be responsible for sending wrong order by Participating Merchant;
- You have the right to reject the Order and our Participating Merchant will personally arrange for compensation with you, according to your reasonable demands;
- If your order is delivered by StarTaster, StarTaster will try out best to exchange the wrong order and send you the right order. In case we cannot send you the right order, you will not be charged any fee if you have not made payment, and will be refunded if you had made online payment already.
- Late delivery
- All orders are delivered by reputable couriers. We and the Participating Merchant will make every effort to deliver within the time stated; however, we will not beliable for any loss caused to you by ordering late. If the Goods are not delivered within the estimated delivery time quoted by us, you may contact us by telephone or online chat and we will try to ensure that you receive your order as quickly as possible.
- StarTaster is not responsible of a late delivery due to traffic conditions and/or bad weather.
- In case of a late delivery, the delivery charge will neither be voided nor refunded by Startaster.
- Participating Merchants and we shall not be liable to you for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges or expenses arising out of late delivery;
- Unable to contact customer
If you fail to accept service of Takeaway or delivery of Food Delivery and/or Goods at the time they are ready for Takeaway/Delivery, or we are unable to deliver at the nomi nated time due to your failure to provide appropriate instructions, or authorizations, then such goods shall be deemed to have been delivered to you and all risk and responsibility in relation to such goods shall pass to you. Any storage, insurance and other costs which we incur as a result of the inability to deliver shall be your responsibility and you shall indemnify us in full for such cost.
- Late preparation
StarTaster may inform our Participating Merchant about the time that the Order needs to be ready. However, StarTaster is not responsible for any late preparation due to Participating Merchant-induced reasons.
- You are unable to turn up within the grace period
- If you have not turn up within the grace period after the pre-arranged time, StarTaster or Participating Merchant reserves the right to make re-arrangements or other changes accordingly.
- If you are unable to turn up, you will not receive any refund for Pre-order and Takeaway Services at this moment.
- Unable to present Order Number
- If you cannot provide an Order Number issued by StarTaster to prove your Order, please contact StarTaster immediately for verification.
- StarTaster is not responsible for any loss, delete or steal of the Order Number.
- Special request
- Sales of Alcohol
- Persons placing an order for alcohol from our Participating Merchants must be eighteen (18) years of age or above. Alcoholic beverages can only be sold and delivered to persons with eighteen (18) years of age or above. By placing an order that includes alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. StarTaster reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who does not appear, or cannot prove they are, aged 18 or over. StarTaster also reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.
- StarTaster is not responsible for selling any alcohol to any persons who are under eighteen (18) years of age by the Participating Merchant, not through our Site or Service.
- Order Confirmation
- Food Safety
- Quality of Meals
All Meals are subject to availability. Neither StarTaster nor our Participating Merchant shall be liable for the unavailability of any Meals. StarTaster cannot guarantee the availability of the Meals sold by our Participating Merchant, nor can we guarantee that the menu on our Websites is current and accurate. If we are informed by Participating Merchant immediately after placing the order, we will contact you to inform you about the discount information and you can choose to cancel or replace the Meals. In case of your order is below the minimum purchase (see Clause 10) after the adjustment, we reserve the right to reject your order without any liability.
Certain Meals provided by our Participating Merchant may contain nuts in the preparation. Please call us prior to ordering if you have an allergy or any query. All Meals are prepared by Participating Merchants for Seat Reservation, Pre-order, Takeaway and Delivery. StarTaster disclaims all liability and responsibility for any food safety issue.
All Meals are prepared by our Partner Restaurants. StarTaster has no control over the quality of Meals or the package of Meals (in case of Takeaway and Delivery). Therefore, we shall not be liable for any problems arising from the taste, quantity, freshness or any concern regarding the quality of Meals or packaging. Should such cases occur, we will provide you with the contact information of relevant Partner Restaurant involved so that you can directly make contact with the Partner Restaurant. StarTaster shall not be liable for any refund as a result of food quality. We shall, as a third party platform, make refund to you according to our refund policy (see Clause 10) on behalf of the Participating Merchant involved if they agree to make any refund to you. The terms and conditions of such refund are solely dependent on the Participating Merchant.
- Participating Merchants
StarTaster may run promotions, contests, surveys, privileges and other programmes from time to time. Relevant information can be found on the Websites or our social media platforms. Promotions, contests, surveys, privileges and other programmes are only valid for the time period specified by StarTaster. We may impose any other terms and conditions for these promotions, contests, surveys, privileges and other programmes. No compensation will be offered in the event that a promotion or discount is terminated or changed by us.
Promotions, discounts, privileges and other programs may be organized by our Partner Restaurants from time to time. We endeavour to ensure relevant information on these promotions, discounts, privileges and other programmes on our Sites and APP is accurate, current, timely, updated. However, due to the constant changes made by our Participating Merchants, we shall not be liable if the information is not current or accurate, nor shall we be responsible for any change of prices for our Reservation, Pre-order, Takeaway and Delivery services. Should we are informed by Participating Merchant immediately after placing the order about any change in discount, we will contact you to inform you about the discount information and you can choose to cancel the order.
- Fees & Payment
- All prices and fees are displayed in Singapore Dollars.
- The tax and service charges are charged on behalf of (or agreed by) the Participating Merchant. The service charges are collected based on the service agreement between the merchant and StarTaster.
- All prices listed on the Websites are correct at the time of publication; however, these prices are subjected to changes. Despite our best effort to provide you with accurate and up-to-date pricing, we do not guarantee that the pricing or other product or promotional information provided will be accurate, timley, error-free, updated, or complete. You agree that StarTaster shall not be liable for any errors in the pricing and product or promotional information listed on our Websites or through our Services. In the case the price listed is not current, and the Participting Restaurant informs us immediately after placing the order, we will inform you about the price difference and you can choose to cancel the order. We also reserve the right to alter the Goods, Services and Participating Merchants available on our Websites or through our Services.
- All prices listed on our Websites for Pre-order, Takeaway and Delivery by the Participating Merchant reflect the price agreed between StarTaster and the Participating Merchant or any third party provider at the time of listing. We endeaver to keep these prices updated and accurate. In case the price listed is not current and we are informed immediately after placing the order, we will contact you to inform you about the price difference and you can choose to cancel the order.
- StarTaster reserves the rights of final explanations for the Fees listed in the Websites.
- Payment for all orders shall be made in Singapore dollars.
- The total price for Pre-order, Takeaway or Delivery order, including delivery charges (in case of Delivery) and other charges, will be displayed on the Site or APP when you place your order. Full payment must be made in cash or by online payment.
- Online payment
- For online payment, payment must be made before your order will be processed. We accept payment for orders by MasterCard, Visa and PayPal. The acceptance of payment will change from time to time in our Websites.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, your debit/credit card details will be encrypted by the payment gateway, e.g., PayPal, to prevent the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the internet. Your credit card company may also conduct security checks to confirm it is you placing the order.
- You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
- Once your order has been confirmed, your credit or debit card will have been authorized and the amount marked for payment. Payment is made directly to StarTaster and is subsequently passed on by StarTaster to the Participating Merchant.
- Cash on Delivery (COD) Payment
- For COD orders, you must provide us with a valid and authentic phone number to receive a verification code from us. The verification code must be entered in payment page.
- By choosing COD payment mode, you agree that we can contact you through your phone number while there is any change in the final COD amount. We may cancel your COD orders if you fail to contact you regarding the order details.
- By choosing COD payment mode, you must ensure that you have sufficient money to make payment. Should you require any changes, you must notify us immediately after placing orders.
- You may change your payment mode to online payment by making an exact same order but with online payment. You must contact StarTaster before placing the duplicate order. We will help you cancel the COD order and notify you via text message. StarTaster shall not be liable if you fail to contact us.
- Refund Policy
In the event of any shortfall in payment due to the change of Meals, address (in case of Delivery) or prices if we are informed by Participating Merchant, we reserve the right to charge you for the additional amounts when you collect your meals for Pre-order, Takeaway and Delivery.
In the event of overpayment due to the change of Meals, address (in case of Delivery) or prices if we are informed by Participating Merchant, or cancellations of orders, we will refund you according to relevant policies.
For Cash on Delivery (“COD”) orders, we will notify you the updated amount of payment via text message if the change is made before the collection of meals. Otherwise, we may refund you the excess amount by giving Vouchers or through PayPal. You must provide us with accurate hand phone number in case of Vouchers and authentic account information for PayPal. StarTaster shall not be liable for the failure of refund as a result of inaccurate information provided by you.
For Online Payment, we may refund you the excess amount by giving Vouchers or through PayPal. You must provide us with accurate hand phone number in case of Vouchers and authentic account information for PayPal. StarTaster shall not be liable for the failure of refund as a result of inaccurate information provided by you.
- Voucher Terms and Conditions
- Voucher Code
- Each Voucher is identified by a Voucher Code.
- Voucher Code must be entered at the checkout page and must be validated by our system before proceeding to the next step.
- You must not duplicate or sell any Voucher Code to others.
- Physical Voucher
- Only the original Voucher will be accepted for use.
- You must not reproduce or copy the Voucher and the Voucher is not valid if reproduced or photocopied.
- Physical Vouchers cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, mutilated, defaced, tampered with or deleted.
- Vouchers are applicable to certain type of services provided by StarTaster, stated in the voucher condition itself, unless otherwise stated.
- Vouchers are applicable to all Participating Merchants unless otherwise stated.
- Vouches are available for a specific period of time imposed by StarTaster.
- Vouchers are applicable for both online payment and cash on delivery unless otherwise stated.
- Vouchers are intended for single use by individual customer and on a single order unless otherwise stated.
- Some Vouchers may require minimum purchase. Taxes, service charge, shipping and other charges do not apply towards meeting the minimum purchase amount.
- Vouchers are not exchangeable for cash. If the order price is lower than the Voucher value, the remaining amount of the Voucher value is lost.
- Vouchers are not replaceable if they are lost or outdated.
- A particular Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, discount or Voucher in the same order unless otherwise stated.
- If a Voucher is used and your entire order is cancelled or rejected, the Voucher will no longer be valid.
- StarTaster reserves the right to stop any Voucher to be used on certain Participating Merchant without prior notice.
- StarTaster reserves the right to change the Voucher Terms and Conditions or cancel any promotions at any time without notice.
- StarTaster reserves the right to cancel any order if the use of Voucher is deemed as a violation against these Voucher Terms and Conditions.
- StarTaster may change these Voucher Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
These Voucher Terms and Conditions set out the terms on which we issue vouchers. They apply to physical vouchers (‘Physical Voucher’) and discount codes (‘Voucher Code’) we issue (collectively the ‘Vouchers’). By applying for or using a Voucher, you consent to these Voucher Terms and Conditions and any other terms printed on the Voucher or listed on the website or text message or email from us where the Voucher was offered.
Vouchers can be redeemed from promotions, contests, surveys, privileges and other programmes run by StarTaster from time to time. Relevant information can be found on the Websites. Promotions, contests, surveys, privileges and other programmes are only valid for the time period specified by StarTaster. No compensation will be offered in the event that a promotion is terminated.
- Voucher Code
- Linked Sites
StarTaster may contain advertisements, links or connections to other sites ("Linked Sites"). These links may be provided for the interest and convenience of the users. StarTaster does not endorse, sanction or verify the accuracy or ownership of the information contained in the Linked Sites and shall not be liable for the content on or obtained through the Linked Sites or for any damage you may incur from the Linked Sites. You hereby agree to assume all risk arising from the use of the Linked Sites and hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites. StarTaster bears no responsibility or liability for any action associated with any Linked Sites. Moreover, StarTaster does not imply an affiliation with any Linked Sites.
- Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights in the Services, the Websites including design, text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and all software relating to the websites belong to StarTaster and its licensors. You may only view, electronically copy, and print in hard copy portions of the Websites for the purpose of private use, or review as permitted under copyright legislation. Any other use of the materials or commercialisation of any information on the Websites, including modification, distribution, or reproduction without the prior written permission of StarTaster or the owner of third party material is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that StarTaster and/or third-party content providers remain the owners of such material and that you do not acquire any of those ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. StarTaster reserves the right to revoke this authorization at any time, and any use shall be discontinued immediately on written notice from StarTaster.
- Disclaimers & Limitations
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on our Websites, Services and all Content is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the Websites remains available, timely, or free of errors or viruses, or that the material on the Websites is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, StarTaster disclaims all representations, warranties, express or implied and conditions (including, but not limited to, implied warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, compliance with description, or the warranty of non-infringement).
Neither StarTaster nor any Participating Merchant shall be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising from your use of the Websites or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the Websites. We will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising under these Terms and Conditions or in connection with our Websites, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing exclusion, we will not be liable for any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings arising under these Terms and Conditions or in connection with our Websites, whether direct or indirect, and whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise.
However, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit StarTaster’s or any Participating Merchant's liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us or it to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our or its liability. If we are found liable for any loss or damage to you such liability is limited to the amount you have paid for the relevant Goods or Services. We cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage or expense, including any direct or indirect loss such as loss of profits to you, howsoever arising.
a)to relieve us from any liability whatsoever arising from your use of information from any third party, or your use of any third party website, or your consumption of any food or beverages from a Participating Merchant;
b)to relieve us from any liability for any delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, viruses or other contamination or destructive properties transmitted to you or your computer system via our Website.
We have taken all reasonable steps to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers or those of third parties. To relieve us from any liability for any failure or delay in performing Services or delivering Goods where such failure arises as a result of any act or omission, which is outside our reasonable control
The products sold by us are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Website or for any products or services purchased from us. Offers are subject to StarTaster’s discretion and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice.
No provision of these Terms and Conditions may be modified, waived or discharged unless such modification, waiver, or discharge is agreed to in writing and signed by an authorized officer of StarTaster. No act, delay, omission or course of dealing on the part of any party in exercising any right, power or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or at law or in equity shall operate as a waiver thereof or otherwise prejudice any of such party's rights, powers and remedies. All remedies, whether at law or in equity, shall be cumulative and the election of any one or more shall not constitute a waiver of the right to pursue other available remedies.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions will continue in full force and effect, and StarTaster will substitute for the invalid or unenforceable provision a valid and enforceable provision which conforms as nearly as possible with the original intent of StarTaster.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and all disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it shall be governed and construed in accordance with Singapore Laws, and any disputes relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore. All dealings, correspondence and contacts between us shall be made or conducted in the English language.
You agree to indemnify us for all damages, losses, penalties, fines, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which arise out of or relate to any breach of these terms and conditions by you, any information that you provide to us via the Websites or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the Websites. This indemnification includes, but not limited to, liability relating to copyright infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, trade mark infringement and breaches of the law.
- Force Majeure
StarTaster shall not have any liability or responsibility for any delay or failure to fulfill any obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the failure or delay results from a Force Majeure Event (including but not limited to, natural disasters, industrial action or labor disputes, civil unrest, war or threat of war, criminal or terrorist acts, government action or regulation). However, StarTaster will resume that obligation as soon as the Force Majeure Event occasioning the failure ceases.
A “Force Majeure Event” is a circumstance or event beyond the reasonable control of a party which affects the general public within that party's country or within the territory, and which results in the party being unable to observe or perform on time an obligation under these Terms and Conditions.